Girls Inc. of Worcester inspires girls to be strong, smart and bold. One of our elite programs, Eureka!, is a year-round, five-year STEM intensive program that engages and empowers 8th-12th grade girls as they develop confidence and discover leadership and academic opportunities in STEM fields.
Throughout this 5-year program, attendees engage in activities such as:
Opportunities and experiences that provide them with the knowledge, skills and encouragement to develop and sustain a healthy lifestyle. Topics include:
- Physical Activity
- Stress Management
- Body Image
Life Skills Instruction
Girls will participate in program activities and experiences that build the learning, skills, and behaviors that enable them to function independently and live a productive and fulfilling life. Topics include:
- Persistence and resilience
- Ability to delay gratification
- Improved emotional control
Academic Enrichment and Support
Girls will participate in program activities and experiences that expand on and support their school-based learning and engagement such as:
- Prepare for high school & college
- Professional Development
- Economic Independence
The cumulative success of Eureka! demonstrates an extraordinary return on investment for these 50 girls. Outcomes include:
- 100% graduate high-school on time;
- Accepted at more than 20 colleges including five (5) Ivy Leagues;
- Earned more than $2 million per year in academic scholarships including nine (9) full-pay;
- 50% are first generation to go to college
- 70% are selecting STEM-related majors.
Girls Inc is committed to providing the comprehensive Girls Inc. Experience to Girls - including those who identify as girls regardless as their assigned sex at birth, and those who are exploring their gender identity or expression during their time at Girls Inc.
For more information, please contact Allison James: or call 508-755-6455 ext. 120 or Fatima Diallo: call at 508-755-6455 ext. 119