Fuel Her Fire, and She Will Change The World
Volunteers are valued. Volunteers add value.
Girls Inc. of Worcester is always looking for strong female role models to become volunteers/mentors and to help with our mission of inspiring girls to be strong, smart, and bold.
- Inspire girls to be their best and help them to discover new things
- Build relationships with girls and stay connected to what it’s like being a girl today
- Network with other volunteers
- Help girls develop life-long skills
- Contribute and learn new skills
Many of our programs, would not exist without the generosity and expertise of our volunteers.
Our volunteers do more than give their energy and effort—they help us shape our programs. The perk is our volunteers often get as much from their experience as the girls they support.
Ways you can volunteer:
- Hands on. Participate in a wide variety of programs: lend a hand in Homework Help during the after school drop-in program, become a volunteer coach in basketball, or help out during the summer in our all girls Super Camp.
- Behind the Scenes. Assist in our marketing or fundraising departments or join and serve on a committee. You’ll be helping to raise funds for Girls Inc. of Worcester’s vital programs and awareness of its mission.
- One Day Events. Career Exploration Day, College Shower, Community Volunteer Days, Fall Fundraiser, Girls Celebration Event, Holiday Party
- Share a Special Talent or Skill. We will design a program keeping your skills and availability in mind.
- Internships. We support college student achievement and professional development by offering real-world internship experiences. Internships are considered on a case by case basis. Individual applicant’s skills, experience, and interests; college requirements; and our current programming needs and capacity will be taken into account.
Volunteers interested in connecting directly with programs should have availability on weekday and evenings during the academic year or have full day flexibility during the summer program months.
We are dedicated to placing all volunteers in a role that is a good match for you and for us.
All are welcome to inquire to see how your talents can be shared with Girls Inc. of Worcester.
For volunteer related questions, please email