Girls Inc. of Worcester recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates.
Summary of Position
The Grants and Evaluation Coordinator is responsible for the research, writing, and management of local, national, and corporate grants that match the goals and objectives of Girls Inc. This involves writing proposal requests for restricted, unrestricted, program, operational, and capital campaign grants. Upon receipt of grant awards, this person will inform appropriate staff members as well as monitor, track and submit interim/final narrative and financial reports, plus additional documentation as required. Other responsibilities include researching prospective funding sources; developing and maintain effective, long-term working relationships with corporate, foundation and other grantors to ensure continued grant approval; assist in supporting the agency’s goals in all resource acquisition and community visibility; and work to build effective community relationships based on an accurate understanding of Girls Inc.’s mission, methods and its contribution to the larger community. The Grants and Evaluation Coordinator works closely with the fund development team, Chief Operating Officer and other lead program staff, and reports to the Director of Development.
1. Develop and write all programmatic, operational, and capital grant proposals.
2. Ensure appropriate stewardship for all foundation/corporate grants.
3. Responsible for managing the grant submission timeline and collaborating with other staff to ensure original submission dates are met as well as subsequent reporting, marketing/public relations, and/or other requirements as outlined in grant proposals and/or MOUS. This may include developing survey evaluation tools, compiling outcomes, and provide comprehensive analysis as required by funders.
4. Research and identify prospective funding opportunities (locally, regionally, and nationally).
5. Develop and manage grant budgets as related to the development of Girls Inc.’s annual budget; works with Director of Development and Business Manager to align program budgets with grant requirements.
6. Assist with other fund development projects as requested.
Bachelor’s degree and minimum of 3-5 years of direct or related experience;
Proficient and knowledgeable in computers and other related technology, and in particular familiar with and skilled in using Microsoft Office, Adobe Products, online grant databases, Raisers Edge and Blackbaud;
Ability to facilitate cooperative work with a diversity of individuals and groups;
Detail oriented and extremely organized. Ability to meet strict deadlines and prioritize competing tasks;
Creative problem solver with ability to work independently as well as part of a team;
Ability to learn and use skills in executing fund development strategies;
Excellent written and oral communications skills and able to adapt writing style to specific audiences;
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with youth, adults and community representatives;
Strong interpersonal skills and presentation abilities.
Desirable Skills and Qualities
Ability to see organizational needs from a variety of perspectives.
Ability to seek assistance to ensure proper execution of task.
Ability to take constructive feedback and learn from experience.
Ability to think conceptually and creatively.
Ability and commitment to solve problems and make improvements.
Ability to travel on occasion.
The ability to occasionally accommodate a flexible work schedule.
The willingness and ability to participate in learning opportunities as appropriate.
The willingness and ability to participate in agency-sponsored events, annual meetings, awards ceremonies, etc.
Ability to work as a team player with staff and community agencies.
Applicants may send a resume, cover letter, and short writing sample to the attention of Jennifer Madson, Director of Development, at . Girls Inc. of Worcester seeks to fill this position with a qualified candidate as soon as possible.