Who We Are
After 100 years, Girls Inc. of Worcester continues to inspire all girls to be strong (healthy), smart (educated), and bold (independent). Girls Inc. provides more than 1,000 girls in Greater Worcester with life-changing experiences and real solutions to the unique challenges girls face. As the oldest and only facility-based, girl-centered organization in Central Massachusetts, the Girls Inc. Experience is what makes us unique among organizations serving youth.
What You Would Do
Girls Inc. recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse staff that represents the population of girls we serve.
As a Lifeguard, you will be responsible for maintaining surveillance of the girls in the facility, making sure safety procedures are followed.
- Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Maintains constant surveillance of participants; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of participants in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Current American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation, based on American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard standards.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
Water Safety Instructor Certification recommended, but not required. Lifeguards must participate in staff training before camp begins. Current Lifeguard Certification required.
Full-time $15.75 - $16.75 an hour
Apply on Indeed