Who We Are
After 100 years, Girls Inc. of Worcester continues to inspire all girls to be strong (healthy), smart (educated), and bold (independent). Girls Inc. provides more than 1,000 girls in Greater Worcester with life-changing experiences and real solutions to the unique challenges girls face. As the oldest and only facility-based, girl-centered organization in Central Massachusetts, the Girls Inc. Experience is what makes us unique among organizations serving youth.
As a Director of Eureka , you will directly impact the lives of girls and oversee the growth of the Eureka program into Metrowest. Girls Inc of Worcester offers flexibility, recognizes the need to balance personal and professional lives and provides a robust and competitive benefit package.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity to touch the lives of girls, Girls Inc Worcester would like you to consider this opportunity. Eureka~ is a year-round, 5 year STEM intensive program that engages and empowers 8th to 12th grade girls in academically rich experiences. As an employer, we offer a robust and competitive benefit package, including 401(k) match, employee assistance programs, and generous time off policies.
As Director of Eureka STEM and Leadership
- You are responsible for the oversight of Eureka! and Eureka! JV year-round programs, coordinate the relevant corporate relationships and meet budget expectations
- You ensure that the program conforms with Girls Inc National standards
- You are responsible for the general safety and implementation of the Eureka! and Eureka! JV Program at the Worcester Site, and expanding to other Central Mass communities.
- You supervise support staff and volunteers and provide day to day guidance over program coordinators
- You work collaboratively with Girls Inc. of Worcester CEO and COO in the expansion of the Eureka! and Eureka! JV program
Who You Are
- You may be someone with a career counseling or education background, who is comfortable building external corporate partnerships to support our girls’ internships and experiences
- You have a Bachelors Degree, with courses in education, recreation, psychology or related field; or an Associates Degree with 3-5 years of work experience in youth development work
- You have demonstrated strong organizational and interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively with youth, staff, and volunteers
- You are at least twenty-one (21) years of age with valid driver’s license
Salary Range: $60,000 to $65,000. Position eligible for a $1,500 hire in bonus after 3 months of successful performance.
In lieu of a cover letter, tell us why you are uniquely qualified to fill this position. Submit along with your resume to INDEED