The Director of Development is on the senior leadership team and plays an integral role in meeting development goals to achieve the vision of the strategic direction.
Who We Are
After 100+ years, Girls Inc. of Worcester continues to inspire all girls to be strong (healthy), smart (educated), and bold (independent). Girls Inc. provides more than 1,000 girls in Greater Worcester with life-changing experiences and real solutions to the unique challenges girls face. As the oldest and only facility-based, girl-centered organization in Central Massachusetts, the Girls Inc. Experience is what make us unique among organizations serving youth.
Why Join Girls Inc of Worcester
With an articulated belief in the mission of the organization, you will play an important role in improve the lives of girls in our community, especially girls of color, disenfranchised, and other under-represented populations. Girls Inc of Worcester offers flexibility, recognizes the need to balance personal and professional lives and provides a robust and competitive benefit package.
Girls Inc. recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity, equity, and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates.
As the Director of Development of an organization with a $2 million annual operating budget, you would lead a team of professionals responsible for donor cultivation, corporate and foundation grants, planned-giving, special events, marketing, external communications, and information systems.
You would be responsible for:
- Achieving a Balanced Fund Development Program in conjunction with CEO: developing and implementing an overall development and/or multi-year comprehensive campaign plan that includes expanding resources with overarching, measurable goals.
- Major Gifts and Capital Campaign: Managing an individual and major gift portfolio along with CEO, stewardship of donors, and prepare for upcoming capital campaign.
- Budget and Reporting: Managing the department budget and provide regular financial reporting.
- Grants: Overseeing the $1 million grants budget and supervising the grant writer.
- Annual events: Overseeing annual fund development events, annual appeals, annual reports.
- Volunteer and Alumna Relations: Work with staff to engage volunteers and alumna for stewardship and donor cultivation
- Marketing and Communications: Ensuring the marketing and communications meet brand compliance and consistency of messaging.
- Represent Girls Inc. of Worcester: staying abreast of organization-wide and community issues, contributing to the overall leadership of the organization.
Who You Are
- You bring a strong network of leaders in philanthropy, business, and community leaders with a solid understanding of the local community.
- You have at least 7 years of experience in increasing levels of management and direct solicitation, proven track record as a major gift officer and manager
- An articulated belief in the mission of the organization; connection to or reflecting our girls and families
- Ability to think strategically and lead change and growth
- Strong business, strategic, and financial acumen
- Excellent communications skills emphasizing the ability to listen and hear others
$60,000 - $68,000 a year - Full-time
In lieu of a cover letter, tell us why you are uniquely qualified to join the Girls Inc. team. Submit along with your resume to Indeed.