Who We Are
After 100+ years, Girls Inc. of Worcester continues to inspire all girls to be strong (healthy), smart (educated), and bold (independent). Girls Inc. provides more than 1,000 girls in Greater Worcester with life-changing experiences and real solutions to the unique challenges girls face. As the oldest and only facility-based, girl-centered organization in Central Massachusetts, the Girls Inc. Experience is what make us unique among organizations serving youth.
Why Join Girls Inc. of Worcester
You will play an indirect and important role in supporting the bold goals of our strategic direction and improve the lives of girls in our community. Girls Inc of Worcester offers flexibility, recognizes the need to balance personal and professional lives and strives to be considered a great place to work.
Girls Inc. recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse staff that represents the population of the girls we serve.
Girls Inc. of Worcester is looking for a bookkeeper or accounting assistant to be responsible for business, finance, accounting, and HR functions in the areas of billing, cash receipts, accounts receivable, employee records, payroll processing and data management.
As the Business and Finance Assistant, you would manage the finance, accounting, and HR systems. You would be responsible for:
- AR process: data collection, coding and preparation, and processing of weekly invoices for payment for services, rental and programs.
- AP process: verifying costs, 3-way match, payment of disbursements.
- Payroll Process: data collection, preparation, and processing bi-weekly payroll.
- Grants process: maintaining accounting and reporting requirements.
- HR records: ensuring employee records, benefit enrollment, payroll changes are maintained and up to date and in compliance with HR regulations.
- Overseeing cash: collecting cash receipts from program staff for reconciliation and accounting, depositing funds on a timely basis, work in collaboration with front desk coordinator in collecting payments from parent balances.
- Audit prep: preparing various schedules for annual audit as directed by Business and Finance Manager.
Who You Are
- You have a minimum of 2 years skilled non-profit bookkeeping/accounting experience or equivalent; Associates degree or certificate in bookkeeping or accounting is preferred.
- You are proficiency in Microsoft applications and Excel; Quickbooks or related accounting software expertise.
- A self-starter with strong work ethic, organization skills and attention to details.
- You can safeguard all confidential information used in the performance of duties.
- Bi-lingual candidates are preferred, but not required.
$16 - $19 an hour - Part-time
In lieu of a cover letter, tell us why you are uniquely qualified to join the Girls Inc. team. Submit along with your resume to Indeed.