Job Opening: Development and Marketing Associate
Girls Inc. of Worcester recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates. We are seeking strong, smart, and bold staff to empower girls to succeed.
Summary of Position
Join a fast-pace, growth-focused organization in the key area of revenue generation. Girls Inc. of Worcester is looking for a highly-organized candidate, who has great critical thinking skills, excellent attention to detail, a willingness to participate in many facets of the organization, is phenomenal at meeting deadlines, and can work both independently and as part of a team.
The Development Associate is responsible for the following functions: manages the gift transactions and reports from the fund development database; assists in fundraising events; coordinates all marketing efforts such as social media, website, design of materials, photography, and direct mail appeals; and generally supports the Fund Development Team and Girls Inc. of Worcester as a whole.
- Manage the fund development database (Blackbaud/Raiser’s Edge): monitor and update database to ensure that donor records are accurate and up-to-date; process/manage gift transactions; acknowledge donors and contributions; and prepare reports and queries from database as requested.
- Assist with fundraising events; providing support including the coordination of mailings, creation of materials, and seeking recognition for events.
- Assist with stewardship of donors, including the preparation of acknowledgement letters for all gifts as well as assisting with donor segmentation.
- Coordinate all marketing materials, including maintain a strong, appropriate social media and web presence. Coordinate the creation and printing of promotional materials for volunteer recognition and promotion of programs and camps. Facilitate direct mail appeals.
- Assist CEO and Sr. Director of Development with administrative functions as needed including preparing for board meetings, donor meetings, and tracking activities associated with growth of the organization.
- Implement a process to efficiently receive donations via social media, and assist with the marketing of social media campaigns. Introduce innovative approaches to fundraising.
- Support Girls Inc.’s mission of empowering young girls and women to be “strong, smart and bold”; and actively engage in development and program information provided by Girls Inc. National, including participation in conferences and workshops.
- Bachelor’s degree plus minimum of 2 years of related fundraising experience.
- Raiser’s Edge or similar database experience required.
- Proficient and knowledgeable in other related technology including Microsoft Office Suite and social media.
- Ability to facilitate cooperative work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Valid driver’s license while conducting agency business.
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to see organization’s needs from all perspectives.
- Ability to analyze, formulate, integrate, plan, organize, delegate, coordinate, manage, communicate both written and orally.
- Ability to think conceptually and creatively.
- Ability and commitment to solve problems and make improvements,
- Ability to travel on occasion.
- Ability to occasionally accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Willingness and ability to participate in learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Willingness and ability to participate in agency-sponsored events, Annual Meetings, Awards Ceremonies, etc.
- Ability to work as a team player with staff and community agencies
Please send resume and cover letter to Heidi Paluk at
Girls Inc. of Worcester is seeking strong, smart, and bold staff to empower girls to succeed.
Girls Inc. recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates.