Looking for certified lifeguards to support our summer programs. Youth work experience preferred.
Apply on Indeed.
- Under general supervision, ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Maintains constant surveillance of participants; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of participants in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 6 months to 1 year experience directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified. Current American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and AED certification.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation, based on American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard standards.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
Water Safety Instructor Certification recommended, but not required. Current Lifeguard Certification required.
General Required Qualifications for Girls Inc. Staff
- Demonstrated experience in youth programming.
- Knowledge of Girls Inc. of Worcester programs or willingness to learn.
- Adhere to confidentiality policies and conduct appropriate for a representative of Girls Inc.
- Ability to maintain personal boundaries, while respecting the students’ rights to privacy and establishing limits on appropriate personal conversations.
- Mature, responsible, organized, with experience in time management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the content and philosophy behind Girls Inc.’s programs; willingness to learn from Girls Inc. National trainings and publications.
- Ability to problem solve and make improvements.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
General Desirable Skills and Qualities for Girls Inc. Staff
- The ability to occasionally accommodate a flexible work schedule and responsiblities.
- The willingness to travel on occasion.
- The willingness and ability to participate in learning opportunities as appropriate.
- The willingness and ability to participate in agency-sponsored events, Annual Meetings, Awards ceremonies, etc.
- Knowledge of child development and the necessary elements to build a quality after school program, as well as familiarity with the advantages of single gender programs.
- The ability to work as a team player with Girls Inc. of Worcester staff and volunteers.
- The ability to listen and take direction well.
$14-16/hour, seasonal. School year positions available as well.