- Provides general supervision of lifeguards, ensures the safety of patrons of an aquatic facility by preventing and responding to emergencies.
- Maintains constant surveillance of participants; acts immediately and appropriately to secure safety of participants in the event of emergency.
- Provides emergency care and treatment as required until the arrival of emergency medical services.
- Presents professional appearance and attitude at all times, and maintains a high standard of customer service.
- Performs regular safety checks and in service trainings for aquatic and camp staff regarding waterfront and pool safety.
- Performs various maintenance duties as directed to maintain a clean and safe facility.
- Prepares and maintains appropriate reports.
- Other duties as assigned.
Typically Monday through Friday, 9 to 5.
General Required Qualifications for Girls Inc. Staff
- Demonstrated experience in youth programming.
- Knowledge of Girls Inc. of Worcester programs or willingness to learn.
- Adhere to confidentiality policies and conduct appropriate for a representative of Girls Inc.
- Ability to maintain personal boundaries, while respecting the students’ rights to privacy and establishing limits on appropriate personal conversations.
- Mature, responsible, organized, with experience in time management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of the content and philosophy behind Girls Inc.’s programs; willingness to learn from Girls Inc. National trainings and publications.
- Ability to problem solve and make improvements.
- Must be punctual and dependable.
General Desirable Skills and Qualities for Girls Inc. Staff
- The ability to occasionally accommodate a flexible work schedule and responsiblities.
- The willingness to travel on occasion.
- The willingness and ability to participate in learning opportunities as appropriate.
- The willingness and ability to participate in agency-sponsored events, Annual Meetings, Awards ceremonies, etc.
- Knowledge of child development and the necessary elements to build a quality after school program, as well as familiarity with the advantages of single gender programs.
- The ability to work as a team player with Girls Inc. of Worcester staff and volunteers.
- The ability to listen and take direction well.
Minimum Job Requirements
- 2 or more years’ experience as a lifeguard. Current American Red Cross (or equivalent) certification in Waterfront Lifeguarding, First Aid, CPR, and AED.
- Be at least 21 years old and have a minimum of 6 weeks experience in a management or supervisory position at a similar aquatics area.
- Ability to react calmly and effectively in emergency situations.
- Ability to pass a pre-employment physical skills evaluation, based on American Red Cross Waterfront Lifeguard standards.
- Ability to follow routine verbal and written instructions.
Water Safety Instructor Certification recommended, but not required. Aquatic Director must participate in staff training before camp begins.
Girls Inc. of Worcester recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates.
Please visit this link to apply: https://www.indeed.com/job/seasonal-summer-camp-aquatics-director-dfaace12903d6411