Summary of Position: Provides overall management and supervision to After-School Programs and Summer Camp. This includes supervising staff, implementing a framework of quality programs, adhering and enforcing policies and procedures. The position works closely with the senior leadership team and director of evaluations to effectively promote and enhance Girls Inc.’s mission.
Girls Inc. of Worcester recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to building a culturally diverse staff and strongly encourage applications from minority candidates.
Essential Program Responsibilities:
- Oversees the development, implementation and curriculum of After-School Programs, Eureka! and Summer Camp and other related programs.
- Meets or exceeds budget expectations.
- Oversees licensing requirements for Summer Camp, developing a comprehensive training schedule, and maintaining required documentation.
- Provide timely reports and data for program evaluation, oversees programmatic delivery of grant requirements.
- Provide direct supervision and support to the Assistant Director of Eureka and the Assistant Director of After School and Camp.
- In conjunction with the Assistant Directors work on the development, recruitment, and hiring, firing and evaluating After-School and Summer Camp program staff.
- Communicates with parents pertaining child’s progress, challenges, discipline issues and activities within the program.
- Alerts COO with concerns regarding the health, safety, or behavior of a child or staff.
- This position is a direct service position.
- Develop and maintain a positive, equitable, accessible, safe and supportive environment for girls, which support individual choice and foster independence.
- Professionally represent Girls Inc. within the community, participate and collaborate with community partners as needed.
- Oversee staffing schedules, timesheets, and relevant documents required by HR/business office.
- Participate as a member of the Girls Inc. Management team. Work with the team to implement Girls Inc. of Worcester's strategic vision.
- Other duties as assigned
Monday through Friday
- Bachelor’s degree, with courses in education, recreation, psychology or related field; or an associate’s degree with at least 3-5 years of work experience in youth work doing similar tasks required for this positions; or combination thereof;
- Experience in supervision and management of a diverse work force;
- Ability to analyze, organize, plan, delegate and manage with multiple programs and staffs;
- Understand the importance of youth development and other necessary elements related to building a quality after-school and out of school time program; as well as familiarity with the advantages of single gender programs;
- Strong communication skills and the ability to connect with people individually and present to larger groups; and to interface with families, community organizations, businesses and workplaces in the Greater Worcester area;
- Ability to work as a team player with Girls Inc. staff and community agencies;
- Working knowledge of technology;
- Flexibility in hours – requires some evening and weekend hours and travel;
- Adhere to confidentiality policies and conduct appropriate for a representative for all Girls Inc.;
- Must have reliable transportation.
- Bilingual a plus
- Pay: $49,000.00 - $62,000.00 per year
- 401(k) Matching
- Dental Insurance
- Health Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Vision Insurance