WHO WE ARE: After 100 years, Girls Inc. of Worcester continues to inspire all girls and provides more than 1,000 girls in Greater Worcester with life-changing experiences and real solutions to the unique challenges. We are the oldest facility-based, girl-centered organization in Central Massachusetts located the Girls Inc. located at 125 Providence Street.
WHAT YOU WOULD DO: The resident caretaker(s) reside in the property on the camp premises and maintain the buildings and grounds of Camp Kinneywood throughout the year. Housing is provided to the resident caretaker in exchange for managing and maintaining the property as required. The position ensures that the buildings and surrounding properties provide a safe and clean environment for girls, staff, families and visitors; provides preventative maintenance for the buildings and grounds; provide a presence of security to deter vandalism and trespassers.
The duties of the Camp Caretaker include:
- Daily inspections of the surrounding area and gates for signs of unauthorized entry
- General upkeep of the premises and routine maintenance
- Grass mowing, trimming of trees and shrubbery, leaf raking and removal
- Removal of snow and ice
- upkeep and maintenance of caretaker home.
In the spring of the year, the facility must be prepared for summer opening and includes:
- Opening buildings and pavilion, removing winterization products, such as plastic over windows.
- Inspecting buildings and make a list of any damage that occurred over the winter.
- Preparing waterfront; rake sand; put up docks; maintain level of pond.
- Spread beach sand when delivered.
- Prepare boats for the water.
- Installing water heaters.
- Preparing for Health Department and Building Department inspection.
- Paint and stain buildings as needed.
The caretaker works a course of hours each month and is compensated at $15/hour.
The ideal candidate must be able to regularly perform physical labor, including heavy labor involving, at times, lifting more than 50 pounds; be able to lift, bend, stand, crawl, and carry items and be able to work outside, including in periods of bad weather. ANY OTHER SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
HOW TO APPLY: In lieu of a cover letter, tell us why you are uniquely qualified to join the Girls Inc team. Submit along with your resume to INDEED.