Reports to: Director of Development
Compensation: $16.10- 18.90/hour depending on experience; 15-20 hours/week
Girls Inc. recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse staff that represents the population of girls we serve.
Summary of Position
The Marketing and Communications Specialist implements our external and internal marketing and communications strategy. The Marketing and Communications Specialist is responsible for the following functions: promoting our work and opportunities with clients and partners; supporting advocacy efforts; assisting in meeting funder marketing/acknowledgement requirements; assisting in fundraising events; and generally supporting the Fund Development Team.
- Manages day-to-day marketing and communication activities.
- Coordinates and helps produce key publications and presentations including: content, design and printing of invitations, brochures, newsletters, event programs, direct mail pieces, website, annual report, etc. as needed by the organization;
- Develops all external/internal marketing materials for donors and clients.
- Ensures brand compliance and provides graphic design support for all organizational needs.
- Ensure compliance with the organization’s communications plan to ensure consistent messaging and increase media and public awareness.
- Ensure collateral materials to ensure it meets brand image standards and accurately reflects and communicates key strategies.
- Assist with fundraising events; providing support including the coordination of mailings, creation of materials, and seeking recognition for events.
- Coordinate all marketing materials with the Program department, including maintain a strong, appropriate social media and web presence.
- Coordinate the creation and printing of promotional materials for volunteer recognition and promotion of programs and camps.
- Support Girls Inc.’s mission of empowering young girls and women to be “strong, smart and bold”; and actively engage in development and program information provided by Girls Inc. National, including participation in conferences and workshops.
- Respond to external inquiries and marketing/communications requests by phone, email, and mail in a timely manner.
- Accept other responsibilities as assigned/necessary to support the effective functioning of the Fund Development Team.
15-20 hours a week. Flexible work schedule; some remote work possible.
- Minimum of 1 years of related marketing, communications, and graphic design experience.
- Proficient and knowledgeable with respective technology including design software, Microsoft Office Suite, and social media.
- Ability to facilitate cooperative work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective internal and external-facing relationships.
Desirable Skills and Qualities
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Skilled in graphic and web design.
- Ability to see organization’s needs from all perspectives.
- Ability to analyze, formulate, integrate, plan, organize, delegate, coordinate, manage, communicate both written and orally.
- Ability to think conceptually and creatively.
- Ability and commitment to solve problems and make improvements,
- Ability to occasionally accommodate a flexible work schedule.
- Willingness and ability to participate in learning opportunities as appropriate.
- Willingness and ability to participate in agency-sponsored events, Annual Meetings, Awards Ceremonies, etc.
$16.10-18.90/hour depending on experience.
Apply on Indeed.