Summary of Position: To assist the facilities director in upkeep of the Girls Inc. Worcester facility on Providence Street, including basic housekeeping chores and compliance with COVID-19 protocols.
The Maintennce Assistant will be responsible for the Cleaning of the entire building including all bath and locker rooms, Gym, Alden Hall and classrooms.
Specific tasks include:
Bathrooms: Washing the toilets and sinks with the proper and supplied products. Cleaning all surfaces and mirrors. Dry mop and wet mopping tile floor. Disinfecting sink handles, door handles, flushometor handles, and toilet seats, as well as all dispensers that can be touched. Refilling all paper and soap dispensers, and sanitary disposal bags. Empty trash basket. Once a week pour water down all floor drains to maintain traps.
Classrooms and Staff Offices: All floors to be dry mopped and wet mopped. Trash emptied and bags replaced Disinfect all door and faucet handles. Refill all paper and soap products
Gym: Dry mop and wet mop gym floor. Empty trash
Alden Hall: Dry mop and wet mop floors. Empty trash
Halls and lobby: Dry mop and wet mop all hall way floors
Vacuum all carpeting, mats, and throw rugs throughout the facility
12:30 p.m. to 5:30 p.m., Monday through Friday
Flexibility as some evening and weekend work may be needed
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to pass a background CORI check
- Advocates for gender equity and equity in terms of race, disability, sexual orientation, age, culture, ethnic background; is committed to working with girls to overcome stereotyping.
- Flexibility in hours, including some evening and weekend hours
- Carries self in a professional manner
- Demonstrates proficient group work skills that promote a supportive, positive and inclusive environment.
- Demonstrates patience and self-control; is able to handle unexpected situations and creative chaos.
- Communicates consistently and effectively with supervisor, staff and peers. Demonstrates a good sense of humor, is enthusiastic and energetic.
- Demonstrates effective organizational skills and practices.
Covid 19 Protocols
All candidates will be required:
- To wear a face mask and protective gloves at all times while working in the building.
- To follow Girls Inc’s Covid 19 Protocols Plan for disinfection and sanitization.
- Cleaning and disinfecting all surfaces in the classrooms on timed intervals while children are moved to another room.
- This includes but is not limited to, tables, chairs, door handles, Fawcett handles, cabinet handles, cart tops and handles, window sills, railings, drinking fountains, broom and dustpan handles, refrigerator handles, cabinet handles
Note: This person should be flexible in the case of changes to ourCOVID protocol plan, the duties may have to change to comply
Candidates should submit their resume/application letter to