Responsible for the general safety and implementation of the Eureka! and Eureka! JV Program, including supervision of support staff and volunteers. One of our elite programs, Eureka!, is a year-round, five-year STEM intensive program that engages and empowers 8th-12th grade girls as they develop confidence and discover leadership and academic opportunities in STEM fields.
Ensures that participants have access to positive and healthy learning opportunities the align with the Eureka! program. Provides day to day guidance to program coordinators.
Works collaboratively with Girls Inc. of Worcester COO and CEO in the expansion of the Eureka! and Eureka! JV programs to new service areas.
Girls Inc. recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse staff that represents the population of girls we serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the oversight of Eureka! and Eureka! JV year-round programs; and meeting budget expectations.
- Coordinate the relevant corporate relationships with support from Eureka! Coordinators
- In conjunction with the Eureka! Coordinators, supervise and implement developmentally appropriate activities for the Eureka! and Eureka! JV program that follow and provide choices and opportunities for participants; including but not limited to externships, health and wellness, STEM and Leadership. Adhering to guidelines established by the Girls Inc. National program models.
Full-Time, Exempt (Flexibility in hours – requires some evening and weekend hours and travel)
At least twenty-one (21) years of age with a valid state issued ID
- Bachelors Degree, with courses in education, recreation, psychology or related field; or an Associates Degree with 2-4 years of work experience in youth work doing similar tasks required for this position; or combination.
- Ability to be certified in CPR and First Aid
- Organizational and interpersonal skills in order to work collaboratively with youth, staff, and volunteers
- Knowledge of the content and philosophy behind Girls Inc.’s Eureka! and the ability to talk to educators and families about its content and benefits for girls and young women