Who We Are
After 100 years, Girls Inc. of Worcester continues to inspire all girls to be strong (healthy), smart (educated), and bold (independent). Girls Inc. provides more than 1,000 girls in Greater Worcester with life-changing experiences and real solutions to the unique challenges girls face. As the oldest and only facility-based, girl-centered organization in Central Massachusetts, the Girls Inc. Experience is what makes us unique among organizations serving youth.
What You Would Do
Responsible for the general safety and implementation of the Eureka! and Eureka! JV Programs in the Worcester area, including assisting in supervision of support staff and volunteers. The full time Eureka! Coordinator ensures that participants have access to positive and healthy learning opportunities the align with the Eureka! program. Provides day to day guidance to Support Staff (as needed).
Girls Inc. recognizes that it is essential for the organization to include the values of diversity and inclusiveness as part of our strategy to achieve our vision and mission. We are committed to recruiting and hiring a diverse staff that represents the population of girls we serve.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in developing and maintaining a positive, equitable, accessible, safe and supportive environment for girls, which support individual choice and foster independence.
- Facilitate Eureka summer and school year programming.
- Participate in and work with community partners to build relationships and seek out resources for programs and program participants.
- In conjunction with the Director of Eureka!, supervise, and implement developmentally appropriate activities for the Eureka! program that follow and provide choices and opportunities for participants including but not limited to externships, health and wellness, STEM and Leadership. Adhering to guidelines established by the Girls Inc. National program models.
- Assists in the development of curriculum and activities for both new and ongoing programs.
- Work with the Director of Eureka! on recruitment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- This position is a direct service position.
- Communicate with and address any behavior concerns as well as parent/guardian concerns and questions promptly and appropriately.
- Ensure that all necessary attendance data is entered into the Girls Inc. system as needed and requested.
- Create informational resources for schools and students with Fund Development for school year and summer programs
- Keep parents/guardians informed of child’s progress, challenges, discipline issues, and activities within the program
- Other duties as assigned
Eureka! Coordinator is expected to work a regularly scheduled 40 hour work week; some flexibility may be required. Hours are flexible, with regular evening programming during the school year or as needed, and some weekends. Holiday and school closings may require more time as outlined by the approved Worcester Public Schools calendar.
- At least eighteen (18) years of age
- Valid Driver’s License
- Associate degree, with courses in education, recreation, psychology, or related field; or 2-4 years of experience working with youth preferred
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing youth programs
- Organizational skills with attention to detail and maintaining accurate records
- Mature, responsible, organized, with strong time management skills
- Bilingual a plus
$16 - $18 an hour, full time