Research performed by our national office points out key data that describe the personal dangers girls face:
- 78% of girls are unhappy with their bodies by age 17
- 3 in 10 girls will become pregnant before the age of 20
- 1 in 4 girls will not finish high school
- 1 in 5 girls will be a victim of childhood sexual abuse
Girls Inc. meets these challenges by helping girls explore and celebrate their strengths, their voices, who they are today, and who they will become.
The Girls Inc. Theory of Change
Our Theory of Change is that the Girls Inc. Experience results in:
- Strong and Healthy girls, who make healthy choices and manage their reproductive health.
- Smart and Educated girls, who are motivated to achieve; graduate from high school and have post-secondary education; and attain personal, educational and career goals.
- Bold and Independent girls, who have healthy relationships, a sound body image, and are not afraid to use their voice.